We create; You celebrate!
introducing you to The UnWedding Show
Forget the ordinary and explore the extra-ordinary in Downtown Kitchener. Join THEMUSEUM and The Walper Hotel in a celebration of all that Downtown Kitchener Wedding Venues has to offer the Urban Bride. Imagine your special day, while being pampered and entertained in two of the most iconic downtown venues.
September 18 was our first annual The UnWedding Show showcasing Kitchener-Waterloo Wedding Venues here at The Walper Hotel & THEMUSEUM. Downtown Kitchener has a lot to offer brides & grooms in terms of wedding vendors & wedding venues.
The vendors we featured in our space were:
weddings at the walper
Why a Kitchener-Waterloo Wedding at The Walper Hotel?
Every wedding we host is fully tailor-made to our couples’ long-held wants and last-minute whims. We help with customized flowers and décor, accommodations, gift bags and fun outings to keep your guests in a party mood. We have a line on the top local bands and DJs. And because every celebration is judged partially by its food, you’ll have every opportunity to fine-tune your menu with our Executive Chef.
It’ll be perfect. Trust us, it’s what we do.
Prefer to be fashionably on time? Avoid the rush and spend the night in one of our 92 guest rooms. Take advantage of professional stylists and barbers all within walking distance of our front doors to help prepare the lucky ladies and gentlemen of your KW wedding.
Venues for your special day are just steps away onsite, so you and your party can relax, unwind and enjoy your day with us.
The Walper offers everything you need in one wedding venue in Kitchener-Waterloo. With wedding venues, cocktail lounges, reception venues and premium accommodations all situated in one remarkable setting, The Walper is an ideal one-stop event destination for local and travelling guests.
When you choose The Walper Hotel as a wedding venue, you get a team that's proud of the memories we’ve helped create since 1893.
Providing expert advice on wedding event planning at every step of preparation, tailored to your preferences, means more freedom on your special day to be with family and friends. You will consider the services of our professional Wedding and Events Coordinator to be an investment in time well spent.
Stay the night or stay a while and get to know Kitchener-Waterloo! Wedding venues at The Walper are conveniently located at the heart of historic downtown.
Among Kitchener-Waterloo wedding venues, the Walper Hotel is positively one of a kind. An urban getaway close to all amenities, The Walper is the perfect place from which to experience the local arts, culture and entertainment.
Rooms Total SQ FT Room Size Ceiling HT Classroom Theatre Banquet Reception Conference U-Shape H-Square Crystal Ballroom Lounge 2052 57x36 12 150 King Conference Room 1050 50x21 10 50 80 50 70 26 Oak Lobby 741 19x39 12 50 100 60 100 Barrister's Lounge 756 42x18 10 25 25 30 60 Crystal Ballroom 3008 94x32 13 200 325 220 325 60 Oak Room 651 31x21 10 30 50 40 60 24
- 6,000 square feet of reimagined, beautiful wedding space, renovated in 2016. The perfect matrimony of historical architecture and contemporary modelling.
- Our dedicated Wedding Coordinator from start to finish (Includes unlimited emails, phone calls, & meetings).
- Our dedicated staff overseeing all of the details, from the arrival of your first guest, to the departure of your last, working together to make sure your day is perfect.
- Fully customizable catering packages designed to help you create the day you've imagined.
- Our skilled culinary team, lead by Executive Chef Jeff Ward, creating a meal that is memorable and exactly to your taste for your guests to enjoy.
- Planning for off-site wedding party outings, recreational activities and local tours.
- Group rates for wedding guests staying at the hotel.
- Wedding planner incentive program.
Cheers to the happy couple! We would be honoured to help you plan your wedding at The Walper Hotel. Please tell us a bit about how you would imagine your day, and a member of our sales team will contact you with a proposal.