An iconic, contemporary, landmark property, we provide our guests with authentic and memorable experiences by offering uncompromising service and ultimate comfort.
Who we’re looking for:
An energetic, relationship focused, collaborator with a proven track record in sales.
We are in the market for a motivated Sales Manager to develop and execute the sales activities and strategies of our 92 room boutique hotel, following our multi-million dollar renovation.
You will be a key part in driving new business, in re-launching the hotel to the market, and in maximizing revenue in order to achieve hotel room nights, food and beverage and events/functions targets.
Who we are:
This is an opportunity to be part of a young, vibrant team working to re-launch The Walper Hotel onto the market.
We are a team that work together, support one another, and have a voice in our organization. We are part of a company that strives every day to be the best, that focuses on offering the highest quality guest experience, and that seeks to foster a fun, collaborative work environment, rich with opportunities for growth and development.
- Research and develop new corporate business.
- Conduct cold calls and prospect potential clients.
- Achieve the sales quotas, activities, referrals, and revenue objectives outlined in the budget adhering to the objectives, strategies, projects and priorities defined by the sales and marketing plan.
- Achieve and exceed personal and team budgeted room nights and revenue goals annually.
- Develop and conduct sales campaigns, as well as marketing and promotional plans.
- Act as a primary driver for assigned market segments with focus on corporate transient, group sales and leisure business.
- Effectively service key accounts within market segment.
- Prepare and execute sales proposals, contracts and rate negotiations.
- Actively participate in the sales process for all segments via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at client and other relevant industry events.
- Prepare and submit plans, budgets, progress reports and monthly and annual sales reports. Independently be responsible for achievement of call objectives as outlined in the sales action plans.
- Utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate in industry events, trade shows and conduct in house presentations.
- Coordinate with front office associates and managers to ensure that any potential leads for corporate rates and preferred accounts are communicated.
- Participate in weekly department meetings and review all information pertinent to the week’s activities, review of procedures and events which warrant special handling and detailed information member of the Executive team and attendee at all management meetings.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments and coworkers.
- Work in tandem with the Catering Sales Manager to cover days off, after hours tours, holidays, and to provide support during demand periods.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
• A university degree or college diploma in business administration, marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or a related field is preferred.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English Language. Must exhibit excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of the product and competitive environment is preferred
• 2 or more years’ experience in sales in the Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, and Waterloo an asset.
• Strong network of connections is an asset.
Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules and outside normal business hours.
Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to complete projects within realistic timelines.
• Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Office
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a full understanding of professional ethics, decorum and social skills required for extensive interaction with customers, investment owners and business partners.
• An entrepreneur at heart.
In lieu of a cover letter, we welcome and encourage you to submit a customer service letter and resume. The letter should speak about a time when you received or delivered high quality customer service. This can be anywhere from a few sentences to a few paragraphs, but it will give us a great sense of what you value in a customer service interaction.
Tell us about yourself at HR@walper.com